| Assunta Madre
Where: Roma, Italy
Line: modular cooking 90
Partner: Top Kitchen [Rome, Italy]
The Assunta Madre restaurant in Rome is the first of 4 exclusive locations by Giovanni Micalusi, better known as “Johnny”. The location, offering a fish-based menu and with a VIP clientele, has a refined and rustic style that creates a warm and convivial atmosphere. The food is simple, rich in flavor and with Mediterranean influences that exalt the natural flavors of fresh fish.
Johnny, born and raised in Terracina, has always been an advocate of high-quality fish. His winning intuition was to bring his restaurant inside a fresh fish store. After the success in Rome, other locations were opened in London (in Mayfair), Milan (in via Vittor Pisani) and Barcelona (in Paseo de Gracia).
- Johnny, the owner, needed a high performing, solid kitchen to handle the high-volume workload. Focusing on an offer of fish-based first and second courses, it was necessary to have a kitchen with powerful open burners and a high-performance pasta cooker.
- The available space in the kitchen was limited: only 1.80 x 10 meters.
- The real challenge was to design and build a kitchen in the space of a “hallway”. The only real solution was to divide the line of first courses from the second courses in order to take maximum advantage of the reduced depth.
- Johnny entrusted the job to Top Kitchen that developed the layout of the project with competence and professionalism, choosing to use kitchens by Mareno. In particular, the choice fell on the principal cooking line of the company, the 90 series, high performing and able to satisfy the client’s expectations.
- The kitchen has open burners (two burners of 10 kW positioned in the first line close to the chef and two burners of 6 kW each), and a pasta cooker that can cook up to five pasta dishes at the same time.
- The work was done extremely quickly. It was all completed in fifteen days: renovation, electricals, gas and plumbing and installation of the kitchen; the last was done by the company Claudio Silvestri, long-time partner of Top Kitchen.
- The Mareno equipment completely satisfied Johnny’s expectations, who chose the 90 cooking series for the other restaurants as well.
- Antonio Angelini and Stefano Conti (owners of Top Kitchen) established a close relationship of mutual collaboration with Johnny that led to the renovation of all four locations.
- This project demonstrates how high-quality products, design competence and the strength of relations are a winning formula for success.