| Savoia Hotel Regency
Category: 4 star hotel
Where: Bologna, Italy
Line: STAR, ICHEF
Partner: Mariani srl [San Lazzaro di Savena (BO), Italy]
The 4-star hotel Savoia Regency, located just a short walk from the center of Bologna, is a place deeply tied to Trombetti family’s memories and affections.
Originally located on Santo Stefano street, since 1956, and in Savoia Hotel Regency’s park since 2007, it offers a refined and stylish atmosphere in which one can discover authentic flavours and regional delicacies. The kitchen, managed by the top chef Gerardo Monaco, offers fresh seafood dishes and sublime desserts prepared by the master pastry chef Ermes Trombetti.
- The hotel needed to completely renew the kitchen to enhance à la carte service and being able to handle over 300 seats, as well as 1000 people-banquet. Kitchen area has been doubled from 150 to 330 sqm.
- Mariani Srl company followed the project development and implementation. Mareno brand was the undisputed choice, since the owners were loyal customers of the company for a long time.
- The biggest challenge was to respect the request of Bologna city of realizing a high environmental sustainable installation. Mareno equipment, thanks to its low power consumption and high performance, was perfect for meeting this requirement.
- The STAR line cooking unit was installed back-to-back, including a roner/bain-marie from ICHEF line, essential for sous-vide cooking at low temperatures (with a precision of ±0.2°C), for heating food or keeping it warm.
- In addition to the neutral tables, also Mareno refrigerated units were added; the latter were highly appreciated due to their low power consumption compared with the previous ones.
- This impressive renovation enabled an increase from 13,000 to an average of 18,000 meals per month (adding à la carte seats and banquets).
- The whole project, from initial sketch to final creation, through technical and legislative aspects, was followed by Nicola Mariani and his staff.