| Palazzina Grassi
Category: 5 star hotel
Where: Venice, Italy
Partner: Marco Polo
Memorable surroundings and an inimitable signature design have led Palazzina Grassi to become one of the top 50 hotels in the world. The only hotel in Italy to have been fully designed by Philippe Starck.
Within its ancient walls, past and present come together in dreamy settings, soft lighting, works of art and picturesque corners, where one can instantly feel truly Venetian. Discover Venice as you’ve never imagined it before: a historic city of art that can turn into a kaleidoscope of surprises, charm and fun.
- The restaurant needed to renovate an existing kitchen, with the goal of improving its operability and above all quality.
- The new kitchen had to meet the hotel’s high standards, while at the same time be functional and ergonomic, to serve the hotel’s meals and breakfasts, as well as exclusive parties.
- The project was carried out by Massimiliano Calza, project leader, with the advice of Luigi Penello, owner of the restaurant “Caffè Concerto” in Favaro Veneto, Venice.
- There were many challenges to tackle, from both a logistics and timing standpoint; spaces in Venice are always small and hard to manage. Everything was custom designed, to take advantage of every small space available.
- A Mareno central cooking unit, Star 110 line, was chosen, consisting of: pass-through induction on base unit, pasta cooker and pass-through frytop on heated cabinet. To complete the cooking unit, Teller sockets, a water column and pan rack were added.
- All stainless steel tops are unique, molded, with non-standard elements, such as: custom-made freezer, refrigerated wall unit with hinged doors and glass doors with LED lights.
- The Power Guardian® was installed, the exclusive system by Mareno to control power surges, and which, in addition to electric cooking appliances, also controls the system to reintegrate treated kitchen air.
- At Palazzina Grassi, even the kitchen is a sight to behold: the bases of the cooking block are painted glossy black, and on the control panel the Philippe Starck masks are silk-screened.
- Completion of this project was possible thanks to the collaboration between Mareno and the Marco Polo team, Massimiliano and Micaela Calza, and the contribution of Luigi Penello.